Here we go.

30 June 2011

July 2011 Top Ten

1.  The unlikely mix of cold watermelon, mint + feta is ruling my tastewaves.  If you are at the Green Cuisine food truck, treat yoursel!  Or you can just DIY.


2.  Switchblade comb is making me the envy of the office.
Photobucket


3.  Very berry!  I am in blueberry & blackberry heaven.


4.  My love for Scott Walker has recently been revived.  (Not to be confused with that vile governor of Wisconsin.)






5.  I can't quite say that I'm playing tennis, but I've been hittin' tennis balls @ Burns Park with ATM.  It's harder than it looks, but really enjoyable.
Photobucket


Photobucket


6.  Yogurt pops.  A propah, but not total, ice cream substitute.  How I did it:  

In a blender or a food processor, add 2 cups organic, fat-free plain yogurt (I'm using vanilla next time), 2 super ripe bananas, 1- 1 1/2 c of frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.), 2 T of honey, and BLEND.  If you've got popsicle molds, terrific!  I used ye olde popsicle sticks in the paper cup method.  (Just be sure to not buy any Koch Industries products.)
Photobucket


7.  Friendship bracelets.  I haven't made one in 17 years, but it came back to me instantly.  I do need a little practice, though.
Photobucket


8.  Spray sea salt water in your tresses for awesome beach hair.  DIY method is 8 oz. of warm water, 1 T (or so) of fine sea salt, and a few drops of essential oils (your choice!) in a spray bottle.  Way to go, No Coast!  


9.  Lakes, not pools.  We actually need help realizing this one.  Any Cap'ns out there with a boat and free time?


10. No A/C means less pants wearin' around the house.  I pretty much rock a dashiki full time now.  A dashiki that I bought in Hot Springs, Arkansas on Central Avenue.  What.  
Photobucket







No comments:

Blog Archive